Up for a challenge? Read on!
Our client is the exclusive local distributor of a world-leading platform, and over the past four decades they have built a strong track-record of achievement, earning the trust of the nation’s most progressive government agencies and commercial enterprises. As they developed an enterprise solution for the Department of Defence to deliver a data and information platform to drive foreign investment in South Australian agriculture, their reputation and commitment to quality was made well-known.
Ready for more?
You will be taking these responsibilities head-on:
- Working as part of a national team, owning the development work for the tools needs for AWS/Cloud Services.
- Manage and take responsibility for development of the current and future Cloud Services automation tools. These tools will be operating across the several public clouds including:
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Manage the lifecycle of Cloud Services tools from development to deployment, including source control management, automated testing, packaging and deployment
- Applying Continuous Integration knowledge for defining automated build/test processes.
- Manage development and deployment using best practice guidelines.
- Derive business requirements gained from a consulting, software / technology or training environment.
- Define and communicate the signs for complex systems to be implemented
- Work to schedules and deliver to commitments
- Adherence to ITIL services framework.
- Commitment to continuous personal improvement
- Consult with a wider information technology team to deliver robust applications to the Cloud Services department and clients (both internal and external)
- Exhibit strong leadership and consultation qualities to a senior level including a commitment to high standards, can dive deep into detail and yet remain in touch with the business goals, drives innovation, can think big and delivers results
- Maintain and foster good external relationships with partners to improve interaction and integration.
- Exhibit a clear customer focus to deliver compelling customer service to both external and internal customers
Solid experience we would like to see!
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life-cycle.
- Scripting experience in PowerShell, Python, & Ruby or other modern programming language experience.
- Proven experience in software engineering best practices using source control and automated testing etc.
- Commercial cloud automation experience in AWS (preferably) or Azure, e.g. AWS SDKs and CloudFormation templates.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A strong understanding of the philosophy of Infrastructure as Code.
- Configuration management experience using Chef (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, or Salt.
- A deep understanding of modern security concepts in web applications and cloud platforms.
- The ability to define architecture/design where required to communicate complex implementation concepts.
- Experience with Relational Database and NoSQL development.
- Experience with Agile project methodologies such as Scrum.
- Experience in implementing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems.
- Experience with change management/risk management in relation to releases and versions of software and supporting dependent components.
- Prior knowledge with GIS products is required.
This is an extremely rare and unique position within the GIS industry! Quote the job reference number, and call us today on 02 8001 6478 for a confidential discussion!
Our agency guarantees that all applications made to our advertised positions are 100% confidential and all candidates are met with before submitting details to any of our client base. Applicant resumes will not be passed onto a 3rd party without your prior consent.
This advert was posted by CRIS. http://cris.cloud