|Sydney, NSW Australia
About the role
Our government client is seeking an experienced Health & Safety Advisor who will be supporting their provision of functional Health and Safety Management across all project / business division activities. The role contributes to the maintenance of an effective risk management process, through implementing all safety policies, protocols and procedures, keeping correct and up-to-date administrative records and facilitating training in safety policies and requirements across all project activities on behalf of the NSW State Government in accordance to the Rail Safety National Law, Work Health and Safety Act, Work Health and Safety Regulation, Heavy Vehicle National Law, relevant Work Health and Safety Legislation and Codes of Practice.
· Support the development and implementation of a detailed safety management plan that delivers on our legal obligations, is project/business division focused and reinforces the key relationship of the project/business division to the achievement of the overall business plan for the organisation
· Identify, investigate and resolve any problems, complaints, issues raised in consultation with operational management and staff and put appropriate, effective controls in place to proactively manage risks
· Support the creation and development of Safety reports and other documentation (including summary documents, guidelines, manuals, newsletters, precis and bulletins) for the project/business division
· Support the creation and/or preservation of documentation for processes undertaken in the design, construction and preservation delivery of the project/business division, that records the due diligence employed in regard to safety matter
· Undertake review processes, practices and documentation to support good governance and appropriate systems are in place to manage key business risks throughout the life-cycle of projects, including Safety Management Plans, Operational, Safety and Maintenance Plans, O&M manuals and Incident Management Plans
· Provide technical and professional advice on rail safety, heavy vehicle national law (HVNL) and/or health & safety issues and participate in compliance with safety audit for the relevant safety contractors and consultants
· Support site and other investigations, identifying contributing factors to failures and incidents and corrective actions to resolve these, proactively following up to close out actions
· Develop and plan initiatives, programs and processes that result in best practice outcomes in the health and safety that go beyond our compliance accountabilities
· Develop, plan and contribute to safety assurance programs and activities that focus on the performance and effectiveness of safety risk controls and the improvement of safety practices
· Tertiary qualifications in health and safety and/or extensive relevant industry experience
· Demonstrated experience of safety management
· Knowledge and understanding of relevant Work Health and Safety Legislation and Codes of Practice
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Experience in working independently and as part of a team and the ability to meet deadlines and achieve results within strict time constraints.
If you think you have what it takes to take on this role, send through your application TODAY! Be quick, as this role will be filled very quickly. You can also send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our agency guarantees that all applications made to our advertised positions are 100% confidential. Applicant resumes will not be passed onto a 3rd party without your prior consent.
We are currently seeking an experienced Carpenter who is ready to embark on an exciting new chapter ...
We are currently looking for a motivated Sales and Marketing Specialist to join a well-known provide...
We are seeking passionate individuals with experience in audiovisual and multimedia industry. You wi...
A leading provider of insulated wall and roofing panels, extrusions, and accessories is looking for ...
Your OpportunityWe're in search of an enthusiastic Sales Representative to join a renowned supplier ...